Due to the complexities of the gluten-free diet, consultation with an expert registered dietitian (RD) is highly recommended. After completing a thorough nutritional assessment, s/he will address any nutritional concerns and will work with the individual to learn how to successfully adapt to the gluten-free lifestyle.Practical information about label reading, meal planning, shopping, budgeting, food preparation, cross-contamination and eating away from home will be provided, as well as suggestions on how to effectively cope with the social and emotional aspects of following the diet. Joining a celiac group for further information and ongoing support also is beneficial.
- Celiac Disease Foundation www.celiac.org
- Gluten Intolerance Group of North America (GIG) www.gluten.org
- Celiac Support Association, Inc. (CSA) www.csaceliacs.org
- Canadian Celiac Association www.celiac.org
- Fondation Québécoise de la Maladie Coeliaque (Quebec Celiac Disease Foundation) www.fqmc.org